Sunday, May 2, 2010

And, An Update on My Progress

My midwives say you should always assume that the baby will be here late, and you will have the longest labor ever. I am following that advice. So, here's to 6 more weeks of pregnancy, and a 10 lb baby.

Having said that, it appears that I might be in for a faster labor, and perhaps a sooner labor than that. My midwives' experience indicates that since my cervix is already quite soft, open, and thinned, once the baby drops and there is more pressure on my cervix, things could move pretty quickly. I might go into labor soon after he settles into the birth canal, which could be anytime now, and the labor itself could be quite short. As in, less than 8 hours. We shall see.

As I said, I am trying not to get my hopes up for any of this. He will come when he is ready. But dang it, child, I would like to have not have to go back to work tomorrow. Listen to your mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment