Thursday, July 22, 2010

Flashback: 1 Day Old

Less than 24 hours after Malachi was born, I was hit with a wave of sadness and regret. I can't believe how quickly it hit me, and I burst into tears. I felt guilty for feeling sad during what was supposed to be one of the happiest times of my life. But that's Baby Blues for you. Those feelings continued on and off for about 10 days. This is what I wrote.

I wish that he had been in a better position. I wish that I hadn't thrown up all day. I wish I had best well-rested. Given the circumstances, I am thankful for the sign that something wasn't right.

The thing I regret most was that I wasn't with it when Malachi was born. Had I know the effect the nausea medication would have on me, I would have turned it down...

No comments:

Post a Comment