Sunday, April 25, 2010

Kitchen Fest

A couple weeks ago, things picked up speed for me. Joshua has been busy Monday through Thursday nights since January, with either class or work. I have been more or less free until my childbirth classes started, along with more frequent visits to the midwife on Thursday nights as my pregnancy has progressed. So now I am busy on Mondays and Thursdays, and sometimes Tuesdays with other new mommy type classes about breastfeeding, etc.

Anyway, that first week, I was so rushed to get us fed and to our assigned places, that I didn't have time to cook. After a few days of scrounging around the kitchen (no time to shop) and going through the Wendy's drive thru, I'd had enough. I spent all last weekend preparing meals for the freezer so that we could eat good food.

So, now I have prepared:

Chili
Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes
Shepherd's Pie
Lasagna
Honey Mustard Chicken
Curry Chicken
Chicken Salad
Chicken Packets to eat on Salad
and soon to come... Chicken Enchiladas

Most are divided up into individual portions to pull out of the freezer. Some are in 9x13 pans to go in the freezer when we so desire. After those ones are cooked, I will divide the leftovers up and stick them in the freezer too.

So we have plenty to eat now, and I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment